West Virginia: the land of the mountains and country roads and mainly, the inspiration behind many famous country songs. Don’t you want to study and work here? Are you curious about the medical assistant degree that this state offers and the job opportunities here? Let’s find out!
Although there are many colleges and schools that offers you a wide range in the field of medical assistant programs, given below are the best colleges in the state!
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Medical Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health
- Master of Public Health
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- The Campus is located in: Cross Lanes, WV
- Matching Programs available are: Medical Assistant Diploma
- Program Type Offered is: Diploma
Benjamin Franklin Career and Technical Education Center
- The Campus is located in: Dunbar, WV
- Matching Programsavailable are: Medical Assistant Program
- Program Type Offered is: Certificate
- Programmatic Accreditation: CAAHEP
Getting a degree these days has become a very important factor these days. A degree shows that you have been taught all the necessary details about the new equipment and technology that is needed. A degree is more or less like a stamp that you are ready to work and that your skill in the field and been sharpened by the professionals in the field.
With approximately a population of 50,000 in the largest city of Charleston, finding jobs and being in demand is something you should get used to when being there. The career in the field is very promising and the job overview in the state is rising as ever. The need for health professionals is on the rise and if you are willing to work in the rural areas, the respect and reputation that comes along with it is huge.
According to the recent surveys that have been conducted, the annual income of a medical assistant in the city has shown to be around $23,000. This when compared to the national income is less than $29,000 per year. But, by being certified there are chances to gaining more compensation and less job stress in the long run.