Medical assistant salary reports are granting a reprieve to those looking to get a technical degree and immediately start working. The medical sector is experiencing unprecedented growth and boom, and given the economic downturn that many are experiencing, collegiate enrollment levels are through the roof for just about every occupation in the field. While many medical positions require post-graduate education, entering the field as a medical assistant can get a graduate to work very quickly, allowing them to settle into a career in no time.
Featured Medical Assistant Schools :
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
The medical assistant salary is contingent upon experience, and those with several years in the industry can expect to make over $40,000 per year. Starting salaries are much lower, but as you stay within the sector, your annual take-home will continue to grow. Medical assistants have a variety of paths open to them. Administrative, clinical, or other specialized assistants have varying duties including administrative duties, the drawing of blood, sterilization of medical tools etc. Specialized assistants can expect to garner a higher salary, and many enter the field because the job prospects are plentiful.
The education required in this discipline is generally a 2-year vocational or associates degree, making it a popular choice for those wanting to get into a career very quickly. A variety of courses must be taken that include sciences, administrative duties, and insurance processing. The field of medical assisting is very attractive to those wanting a hands-on approach to helping people in times of need, and want a career that will give them several different duties, ensuring a lack of monotony.
Medical assistant salary numbers are generally a bit lower than other positions in the health care sector, but this is usually a launching pad, entry-level type position. Many assistants begin this career path with the intention of finishing nursing school while working, giving them experience and an understanding of the actual duties of the nursing profession before ever stepping into the career. This is a proven path for success, which explains the large number of vocational graduates. There are other routes, besides college however, as some medical assistants can get on the job training with only a high school degree.
Considering the medical assistant salary and the experience gained through the working environment, the popularity of the profession is booming. Because it can be a lead-in for many other health care positions, one shouldn’t be discouraged by the seemingly lower pay scale. Instead, those desiring a position in which they can make a difference for ailing people will find this line of work very rewarding. Specializations coupled with the intrinsic pre-nursing training are drawing thousands to this job-class every year. Government statistics are proving that the medical sector is on the rise, and many experts claim it will continue this trend for at least another decade. As the nation becomes more health conscious, and plans for socialized medicine take hold, the boom should continue well into another generation of careers. Whether it be right out of high school or through vocational training, medical assistants will find themselves in a prime position to propel into other areas of the industry.