Medical assistant salary reports are granting a reprieve to those looking to get a technical degree and immediately start working. The medical sector is experiencing unprecedented growth and boom, and given the economic downturn that many are experiencing, collegiate enrollment levels are through the roof for just about every occupation in the field. While many medical positions require post-graduate education, entering the field as a medical assistant can get a graduate to work very quickly, allowing them to settle into a career in no time.
Featured Medical Assistant Schools :
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Medical Assisting - Administrative, Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
- And more...
The medical assistant salary is contingent upon experience, and those with several years in the industry can expect to make over $40,000 per year. Starting salaries are much lower, but as you stay within the sector, your annual take-home will continue to grow. Medical assistants have a variety of paths open to them. Administrative, clinical, or other specialized assistants have varying duties including administrative duties, the drawing of blood, sterilization of medical tools etc. Specialized assistants can expect to garner a higher salary, and many enter the field because the job prospects are plentiful.
The education required in this discipline is generally a 2-year vocational or associates degree, making it a popular choice for those wanting to get into a career very quickly. A variety of courses must be taken that include sciences, administrative duties, and insurance processing. The field of medical assisting is very attractive to those wanting a hands-on approach to helping people in times of need, and want a career that will give them several different duties, ensuring a lack of monotony.
Medical assistant salary numbers are generally a bit lower than other positions in the health care sector, but this is usually a launching pad, entry-level type position. Many assistants begin this career path with the intention of finishing nursing school while working, giving them experience and an understanding of the actual duties of the nursing profession before ever stepping into the career. This is a proven path for success, which explains the large number of vocational graduates. There are other routes, besides college however, as some medical assistants can get on the job training with only a high school degree.
Considering the medical assistant salary and the experience gained through the working environment, the popularity of the profession is booming. Because it can be a lead-in for many other health care positions, one shouldn’t be discouraged by the seemingly lower pay scale. Instead, those desiring a position in which they can make a difference for ailing people will find this line of work very rewarding. Specializations coupled with the intrinsic pre-nursing training are drawing thousands to this job-class every year. Government statistics are proving that the medical sector is on the rise, and many experts claim it will continue this trend for at least another decade. As the nation becomes more health conscious, and plans for socialized medicine take hold, the boom should continue well into another generation of careers. Whether it be right out of high school or through vocational training, medical assistants will find themselves in a prime position to propel into other areas of the industry.