Don’t you love what Michigan has to offer the young budding medical assistants? Let’s read more about it! Michigan takes its name from the Indian word for “great or large lake.” An apt name as Michigan, which borders four of the five Great Lakes, has the longest freshwater shoreline in the world. Perhaps, not surprisingly, it also has the most boat registrations in the country. Recreation on the state’s waterways has taken a back seat to the state’s struggling economy of late, but with the many large and mid-sized cities, medical assistants are flourishing. The state ranks in the top 10 for job openings in the field.
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Medical Billing & Coding
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
What are the various educational opportunities that they offer?
Michigan offers just fewer than 20 schools with medical assistant programs. Most are accredited and programs range from certificates to associate degrees. Students can access scholarship opportunities through the national medical assistant societies like the American Association of Medical Assistants and the American Medical Technologists.
With over 20,000 medical assistants working in Michigan and more than 750 job openings each year, the state offers many opportunities for work. Certified medical assistants also have the Michigan Society of Medical Assistants for support. The mean hourly wage is a little over $13.50, according to 2010 data collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.Even though the wages are less compared to other states, the scope to learn is greater in the early stages of one’s career.
The Medical Assistant schools in Michigan would be:
Everest Institute (Featured)
Campus Locations in: Dearborn, MI / Detroit, MI / Grand Rapids, MI / Kalamazoo, MI / Southfield, MI
Matching Programs: Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma, Medical Assistant Diploma
Program Types Offered: Diploma
Programmatic Accreditation: CAAHEP
Kaplan Career Institute (Featured)
Campus Locations in: Detroit, MI
Matching Programs: Medical Assistant – Diploma
Program Types Offered: Diploma