If you’ve been paying attention to the national health care debate, you may want to take a look at Massachusetts to see where the new federal law might lead. Massachusetts is on the forefront of health care reform with its state mandate that all residents purchase health insurance. Whichever side of the debate you’re on, there’s no arguing that medical assistants are a valuable part of the Massachusetts health care system. They are some of the best paid in the nation, and the state’s medical assistant society provides members with much-needed support.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Assistant-AS
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- And more...
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Veterinary Technology
- AS - Animal and Veterinary Management
- AS - Physical Therapist Assistant
- And more...
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
On the Bright side of things, for a person looking out to start a career in medical assistantship, Massachusetts would provide everything from the perfect basics to learn to the amiable environment that inspires one to practice medical assistantship. It not only strives to make the basic medical necessities available to each and every one but also encourages everyone to practice medical assistantship making it the future that makes our lives brighter.
With 22 schools with medical assistant training programs, you can find a program that suits your needs in Massachusetts, whether you’re looking for an accredited program, a diploma, or an associate degree. The Massachusetts Society of Medical Assistants allows student membership, lists accredited programs, and offers its own scholarships as well as providing access to those awarded through the national organization.
According to 2010 data collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean hourly wage for Massachusetts medical assistants is close to $17, which is higher than most other New England states. Medical assistants can also find professional support with membership in the Massachusetts Society of Medical.
Some of the Medical Assistant schools are provided below,
Branford Hall Career Institute
Campus Locations in: Springfield, MA
Matching Programs: Professional Medical Assistant
Program Types Offered: Certificate
Programmatic Accreditation: ABHES
Campus Locations in: Brighton, MA / Chelsea, MA
Matching Programs: Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma, Medical Assistant Diploma
Program Types Offered: Diploma