Is a degree for a medical assistant education really required?In the modern era, medicine is multi-disciplinary, involving a lot of technologies. One must be well acquainted with lot of aspects of technologyto be a good medical assistant. For, this proper training about the equipment used, protocols in operating the equipment, troubleshooting the equipment and medical terminology related to the equipment must be given to the medical assistant. This ensures the medical assistant to be updated at any point of time.
In Iowa, there are a lot of colleges that offer a good course in medical assistantship. Some of the good colleges are given below.
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
The various Campus Locations are in: Cedar Falls, IA / Cedar Rapids, IA / Council Bluffs, IA / Davenport, IA / Mason City, IA / Urbandale, IA
- Matching Programs that are available in the college are: Medical Assistant Program
- Program Types that areOffered: Associate Degree
- Programmatic Accreditation: CAAHEP
Vatterott Educational Centers (Featured)
The various Campus Locations are in: Des Moines, IA
- Matching Programs that are available in the college are: Medical Assistant Occupational Specialist – Diploma, Medical Assistant with Limited Radiography Technology – Associate Degree
- Program Types that are offered: Associate Degree, Diploma
- Programmatic Accreditation: ABHES
There are a lot of factors that need to be considered in choosing a college. A proper research should be made before choosing a college matching your comfort, budget and various other factors. The slightest change in the college can make a huge difference. Hence, make sure that the school or college that you choose should be suitable to you and most comfortable.
According to recent surveys and study, the hourly wage of a medical assistant in the state of Iowa is said to pay about $14 per hour which is a pretty reasonable price. Once you get a job you could possibly get another certificate and become better at it too!