First 100 queries will avail free consultations on fee waivers, scholarship programs and much more.
Featured Medical Assistant Schools :
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
Medical assistants are really the impending juggernauts of the health care community. According to the United States Department of Labor’s stats, employment for medical assistants is projected to grow by over 31% in the next ten years! That rate far exceeds job growth for almost any other sector, and is effectively the silver lining of an aging population with rising medical needs. Physicians’ are increasing the number of resident medical assistants in their offices in order to accommodate the in-flow of more patients. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to play an integral in the health care system– and get paid competitive wages! Look into schools that offer medical assistant certificate and degree programs today to initiate your first step towards a rewarding career as a medical assistant.
Do you enjoy multi-tasking? Do like a lot of variety on the job? Would you consider yourself a people person? Are you looking for a job with few entry-level qualifications and potential for a handsome salary? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the medical assisting profession may be perfect for you. With a median-salary of around $29,000, a certification process that can be completed in as little as 6-8 weeks, and an eclectic job description, the medical assistant profession presents a lucrative, stimulating, and obtainable option for people in search of a career or for those wishing to switch careers.
The duties of a medical assistant are vast and varied, but generally fall into two categories: administrative and clinical. Medical assistants are expected to perform all and every task that the physician demands, which will likely include (but not be limited to)
- Preparing patients to be seen by the doctor
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Keeping and organizing medical records
- Drawing and/or preparing blood samples for lab tests
- Taking vital signs
- Explaining procedures and physician’s instructions to patients
- Giving injections as directed by the physician
While medical assistants are not required to have any formal education beyond high school (or a GED equivalent), it is almost impossible for prospective medical assistants to obtain work without certification from an accredited program; because, as the bulleted list above suggests, the medical assistant student has quite a lot to learn! Employers also simply prefer certified assistants with previous experience.
There are generally two roads that lead to acceptable medical assistant certification: a certification program or an associate’s degree. A certification program can be exceedingly short– Kaplan University offers an online program that can be completed in 6-8 weeks, and most programs can be completed in under a year. An associate’s degree takes two years to complete and can be used as a springboard to a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Regardless of the path you choose, it is important to verify that your school offers a program that has been formally accredited by the CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) or the ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools). Once you complete an accredited course, you can take the CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) Examination and begin your search for a remunerative position as a medical assistant.
There a variety of online programs that contour to busy individuals’ schedules and offer a comprehensive curriculum. Everest College and Kaplan College offer accredited courses and have many campuses across the nation. Some colleges even guarantee their graduates an internship at a hospital or clinic, often an essential step for procuring a paying job.
With demand for medical assistants rising at a break-neck pace– faster than any other field– there has never been a more opportune moment to begin researching medical assistant schools and planning for a promising career at a hospital or physician’s office near you!