First 100 queries will avail free consultations on fee waivers, scholarship programs and much more.
Featured Medical Assistant Schools :
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Administrative Billing and Coding, AS (Online)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- And more...
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Allied Health Science (AS)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
Medical assistants are really the impending juggernauts of the health care community. According to the United States Department of Labor’s stats, employment for medical assistants is projected to grow by over 31% in the next ten years! That rate far exceeds job growth for almost any other sector, and is effectively the silver lining of an aging population with rising medical needs. Physicians’ are increasing the number of resident medical assistants in their offices in order to accommodate the in-flow of more patients. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to play an integral in the health care system– and get paid competitive wages! Look into schools that offer medical assistant certificate and degree programs today to initiate your first step towards a rewarding career as a medical assistant.
Do you enjoy multi-tasking? Do like a lot of variety on the job? Would you consider yourself a people person? Are you looking for a job with few entry-level qualifications and potential for a handsome salary? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the medical assisting profession may be perfect for you. With a median-salary of around $29,000, a certification process that can be completed in as little as 6-8 weeks, and an eclectic job description, the medical assistant profession presents a lucrative, stimulating, and obtainable option for people in search of a career or for those wishing to switch careers.
The duties of a medical assistant are vast and varied, but generally fall into two categories: administrative and clinical. Medical assistants are expected to perform all and every task that the physician demands, which will likely include (but not be limited to)
- Preparing patients to be seen by the doctor
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Keeping and organizing medical records
- Drawing and/or preparing blood samples for lab tests
- Taking vital signs
- Explaining procedures and physician’s instructions to patients
- Giving injections as directed by the physician
While medical assistants are not required to have any formal education beyond high school (or a GED equivalent), it is almost impossible for prospective medical assistants to obtain work without certification from an accredited program; because, as the bulleted list above suggests, the medical assistant student has quite a lot to learn! Employers also simply prefer certified assistants with previous experience.
There are generally two roads that lead to acceptable medical assistant certification: a certification program or an associate’s degree. A certification program can be exceedingly short– Kaplan University offers an online program that can be completed in 6-8 weeks, and most programs can be completed in under a year. An associate’s degree takes two years to complete and can be used as a springboard to a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Regardless of the path you choose, it is important to verify that your school offers a program that has been formally accredited by the CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) or the ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools). Once you complete an accredited course, you can take the CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) Examination and begin your search for a remunerative position as a medical assistant.
There a variety of online programs that contour to busy individuals’ schedules and offer a comprehensive curriculum. Everest College and Kaplan College offer accredited courses and have many campuses across the nation. Some colleges even guarantee their graduates an internship at a hospital or clinic, often an essential step for procuring a paying job.
With demand for medical assistants rising at a break-neck pace– faster than any other field– there has never been a more opportune moment to begin researching medical assistant schools and planning for a promising career at a hospital or physician’s office near you!