First 100 queries will avail free consultations on fee waivers, scholarship programs and much more.
Featured Medical Assistant Schools :
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- And more...
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Medical assistants are really the impending juggernauts of the health care community. According to the United States Department of Labor’s stats, employment for medical assistants is projected to grow by over 31% in the next ten years! That rate far exceeds job growth for almost any other sector, and is effectively the silver lining of an aging population with rising medical needs. Physicians’ are increasing the number of resident medical assistants in their offices in order to accommodate the in-flow of more patients. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to play an integral in the health care system– and get paid competitive wages! Look into schools that offer medical assistant certificate and degree programs today to initiate your first step towards a rewarding career as a medical assistant.
Do you enjoy multi-tasking? Do like a lot of variety on the job? Would you consider yourself a people person? Are you looking for a job with few entry-level qualifications and potential for a handsome salary? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the medical assisting profession may be perfect for you. With a median-salary of around $29,000, a certification process that can be completed in as little as 6-8 weeks, and an eclectic job description, the medical assistant profession presents a lucrative, stimulating, and obtainable option for people in search of a career or for those wishing to switch careers.
The duties of a medical assistant are vast and varied, but generally fall into two categories: administrative and clinical. Medical assistants are expected to perform all and every task that the physician demands, which will likely include (but not be limited to)
- Preparing patients to be seen by the doctor
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Keeping and organizing medical records
- Drawing and/or preparing blood samples for lab tests
- Taking vital signs
- Explaining procedures and physician’s instructions to patients
- Giving injections as directed by the physician
While medical assistants are not required to have any formal education beyond high school (or a GED equivalent), it is almost impossible for prospective medical assistants to obtain work without certification from an accredited program; because, as the bulleted list above suggests, the medical assistant student has quite a lot to learn! Employers also simply prefer certified assistants with previous experience.
There are generally two roads that lead to acceptable medical assistant certification: a certification program or an associate’s degree. A certification program can be exceedingly short– Kaplan University offers an online program that can be completed in 6-8 weeks, and most programs can be completed in under a year. An associate’s degree takes two years to complete and can be used as a springboard to a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Regardless of the path you choose, it is important to verify that your school offers a program that has been formally accredited by the CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) or the ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools). Once you complete an accredited course, you can take the CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) Examination and begin your search for a remunerative position as a medical assistant.
There a variety of online programs that contour to busy individuals’ schedules and offer a comprehensive curriculum. Everest College and Kaplan College offer accredited courses and have many campuses across the nation. Some colleges even guarantee their graduates an internship at a hospital or clinic, often an essential step for procuring a paying job.
With demand for medical assistants rising at a break-neck pace– faster than any other field– there has never been a more opportune moment to begin researching medical assistant schools and planning for a promising career at a hospital or physician’s office near you!