First 100 queries will avail free consultations on fee waivers, scholarship programs and much more.
Featured Medical Assistant Schools :
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Public Health (BS)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Grand Canyon University - Where a Quality Education and Faith Coexist
- Recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- We support students through their academic and spiritual journey.
- GCU offers the convenience of online, on-campus, or evening programs.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
Medical assistants are really the impending juggernauts of the health care community. According to the United States Department of Labor’s stats, employment for medical assistants is projected to grow by over 31% in the next ten years! That rate far exceeds job growth for almost any other sector, and is effectively the silver lining of an aging population with rising medical needs. Physicians’ are increasing the number of resident medical assistants in their offices in order to accommodate the in-flow of more patients. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to play an integral in the health care system– and get paid competitive wages! Look into schools that offer medical assistant certificate and degree programs today to initiate your first step towards a rewarding career as a medical assistant.
Do you enjoy multi-tasking? Do like a lot of variety on the job? Would you consider yourself a people person? Are you looking for a job with few entry-level qualifications and potential for a handsome salary? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the medical assisting profession may be perfect for you. With a median-salary of around $29,000, a certification process that can be completed in as little as 6-8 weeks, and an eclectic job description, the medical assistant profession presents a lucrative, stimulating, and obtainable option for people in search of a career or for those wishing to switch careers.
The duties of a medical assistant are vast and varied, but generally fall into two categories: administrative and clinical. Medical assistants are expected to perform all and every task that the physician demands, which will likely include (but not be limited to)
- Preparing patients to be seen by the doctor
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Keeping and organizing medical records
- Drawing and/or preparing blood samples for lab tests
- Taking vital signs
- Explaining procedures and physician’s instructions to patients
- Giving injections as directed by the physician
While medical assistants are not required to have any formal education beyond high school (or a GED equivalent), it is almost impossible for prospective medical assistants to obtain work without certification from an accredited program; because, as the bulleted list above suggests, the medical assistant student has quite a lot to learn! Employers also simply prefer certified assistants with previous experience.
There are generally two roads that lead to acceptable medical assistant certification: a certification program or an associate’s degree. A certification program can be exceedingly short– Kaplan University offers an online program that can be completed in 6-8 weeks, and most programs can be completed in under a year. An associate’s degree takes two years to complete and can be used as a springboard to a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Regardless of the path you choose, it is important to verify that your school offers a program that has been formally accredited by the CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) or the ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools). Once you complete an accredited course, you can take the CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) Examination and begin your search for a remunerative position as a medical assistant.
There a variety of online programs that contour to busy individuals’ schedules and offer a comprehensive curriculum. Everest College and Kaplan College offer accredited courses and have many campuses across the nation. Some colleges even guarantee their graduates an internship at a hospital or clinic, often an essential step for procuring a paying job.
With demand for medical assistants rising at a break-neck pace– faster than any other field– there has never been a more opportune moment to begin researching medical assistant schools and planning for a promising career at a hospital or physician’s office near you!